Alvest (2015 – 2018)
Alvest was created by the merger of TLD, the world’s leading manufacturer of airport ground support equipment; Sage Parts, the world’s largest supplier of spare parts for airport ground support equipment; and Adhetec, a niche manufacturer of industrial adhesive and pressure sensitive solutions.
- Organic growth and industry consolidation
- Majority stake
- Airport ground support equipment
The group’s extensive range of ground support equipment is marketed worldwide to a diverse customer base that includes ground handling operators, airlines, airports, the military and equipment hire companies.
The deal represented an opportunity to partner with a highly capable management team that we have known for almost a decade and that we have been closely tracking in response to their success in diversifying and growing the Alvest organisation.Alvest Website
- Supporting the implementation of acquisition and divestment projects.
- Acting as a key partner in strategy setting
- Providing access to members of the Sagard network to assist in preparing bids on major new contracts.
- Alvest acquired Aero Specialties in December 2016, gaining entry into the General Aviation and Business jet segment of the ground support equipment market.
- The global manufacturing footprint has been strengthened with the extensions built at the plants in Sorigny, France and Windsor, Connecticut, and the opening of a new facility in Wuxi, China.
- The development of a range of military-grade ground support equipment enabled TLD to win a major multi-year contract to supply cooling systems for the F-35 fighter.