Alvest (2015 – 2018)
Alvest was created by the merger of TLD, the world’s leading airport ground support equipment manufacturer, Sage Parts, the world’s largest supplier of spare parts for airport ground support equipment, and Adhetec, a niche manufacturer of industrial adhesive and pressure-sensitive solutions.
- Organic growth and industry consolidation
- Majority stake
- Airport ground support equipment
The group’s extensive range of ground support equipment is marketed worldwide to a diverse customer base that includes ground handling operators, airlines, airports, the military and equipment hire companies.
The deal represented an opportunity to partner with a highly capable management team that we have known for almost a decade and that we have been closely tracking in response to their success in diversifying and growing the Alvest organisation.Alvest website
- Supporting the implementation of acquisition and divestment projects.
- Acting as a key partner in strategy setting
- Providing access to members of the Sagard network to assist in preparing bids on major new contracts.
- Alvest acquired Aero Specialties in December 2016, gaining entry into the General Aviation and Business jet segment of the ground support equipment market
- The global manufacturing footprint has been strengthened with the extensions built at the plants in Sorigny, France and Windsor, Connecticut, and the opening of a new facility in Wuxi, China
- The development of a range of military-grade ground support equipment enabled TLD to win a major multi-year contract to supply cooling systems for the F-35 fighter